A pipeline leak can take place in an old pipe serving for a long time as well as in a brand new one. Leak in the pipeline requires instant replacing, costing a lot of money. Composite pipe repair is an economical alternative for piping application, which doesn’t involve the replacing of the pipe with the new one. In this, pipe repair specialists combine fibreglass with compounds and then wrap them around the defect in the pipe, caused usually due to both external and internal corrosion. The aim of this composite pipe repair system also known as the composite wrap pipeline repair system is to do away with the defects and restore the wall.
Benefits of composite repair application
- The existing pipe needs no replacement.
- The life of the pipeline increases.
- It is a quicker and reasonable method than the replacing of the pipe.
- This application can repair the non-leaking defects permanently in the pipelines and the temporary defects causes due to internal corrosion.
- The composite wrap material used is light in weight, which makes it easy to install and the work on it can be completed in a few hours.
- The composite wrap can restore the original pressure of the pipe and also improve its resistance.
Composite pipe repair is cost-effective of repairing the defects in the pipeline. But a lot of time, lack of knowledge regarding the two solutions can cause a lot of confusion. So, you can study both the solutions, compare them, consider your budget and then make a choice.